Placing Snowmobile in Storage
- Thoroughly clean snowmobile.
- Polish hood, pan and tunnel with automotive type wax. Use upholstery cleaner on the seat. Touch-up all bare metal parts with paint.
- Check cap screws and components for tighness.
- Siphon fuel from tank. Start and run engine out of fuel at IDLE SPEED.
- Replace in-line fuel filter
- Remove spark plugs and add 1 teaspoon of 2 cycle oil in each cylinder. Pull recoil rope six or seven times to lubricate the cylinder walls. Replace plugs.
- Remove drive belt and coat drive and driven sheaves with light grease.
- Change oil in chaincase
- Remove crossshafts from suspension and grease.
- Support snowmobile so track is clear of ground. Loosen track adjusting bolts.
- Place Cover on snowmobile and store inside.
Removing sled from storage
- Wipe grease from drive and driven sheaves. Install drive belt.
- Fill fuel tank and oil tank
- Check throttle and brake controls for proper adjustment and operation.
- Adjust track tension
- Drain a small amount of coolant into a small glass jar and check for color and sediment. After 2 years or use replace coolant with a new 50-50 solution of antifreeze and water. (liquid Cooled models only)
- Start engine and test operation of all switches and lights
- Ride snowmobile at slow speeds until you are sure it is operating properly.